My husband and I are musicians. And we’re parents. Our “backstage” experiences with our son (our little frog) deeply affect us and our music. Recent insights:
And above and beyond that, it is a heavenly blessing to have informed, professional assistance when you really need it. Gold stars this week to DJ at Bodhi and Mind Yoga. He and the other Bodhi instructors offer free yoga to women in every stage of breast cancer diagnosis, treatment and recovery. What an inspiration. I wish anyone dealing with breast cancer plenty of light and inspiration.
Recently, DJ led a guided meditation to non cancer patients at Medford Square’s Borealis Yoga. Once we were all tucked into our breath and full of light and scaling a mountaintop, he asked us to look into the face of the person at the top of the mountain. It was my dad! For the first time in a long time, I got to see him. I really saw his face, saw him looking at me.
As DJ guided us to do, we then imagined ourselves walking with our partner. My dad and I walked (leaped) from there. It was a wash of bright, happy light, which was a nice vision after just having launched my music book, especially because my dad was a writer.
At the end of the class, DJ suggested we offer our practice to a friend. A flood of faces came into my heart. There are so many of us doing amazing things, and these efforts and accomplishments are only stronger when we share them.
So, I wished easy, inspired moments to just a few a few dear people. It’s more fun–and it’s easier–when we leap together:
- To Hud as he heals
- To Katie as she heads to Cape Breton for a week of recording
- To Matt as he prepares to launch his new kid CD on Sat, Jan 30, 3pm at Club Passim
- To Neil as he adds a solo show to his already stellar performance offerings–he’ll be doing a solo opening set at Club Passim Sat Feb 20 Duo show at Club Passim
- To my mom as she gets back on her feet (literally)–go ankle, go!
- To Laura with her beautiful new video Three Little Words. She performs this co-write with Zach with, you guessed it, a bunch of friends.
- To Emilie and the enlightened team at Borealis Yoga as they continue to build a generous, vibrant center for well-being in Medford Square
- To Lindsay as she exceeds personal trainer expectations on the road to recovery